PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather/Web Cameras
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2018, 23:49
sdielectrical

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squawk77

Yours is a good solution as it gives the option of wireless data. With the addition of a small solar panel, battery and charge controller it could be placed almost anywhere

There is no stepping on anyone’s toes. It all benefits the flying community

As for the skycam stuff. It was just a development at the Rylstone Airpark. There were many enquiries about how to do it and that is why I started a place in the ether to keep them all as people couldn’t see past all the IT stuff to do it themselves

It seemed hard enough for people to get their aero clubs to agree and work together to get things done with internet and funding

Every site is different

The weather data info that I’ve got on the images was quite a bit of work with php. There is no easy way for me to tell you how to do it. It took a lot of work and has been refined along the way. I am happy to help anyone if they have questions

Rylstone and Shute Harbour purchased a Davis weather station and I wrote script to display this information. This I believe is better than a METAR

There were a few people that came to me for help and did Things their own way. Merimbula, Cessnock & Gawler were done with their own cameras with a bit of tweaking and help on the phone.

I would like to try the wireless camera as used at Tooradin. It looks like a decent low cost solution. Good work setting that up

I believe the government is dragging the chain in this area

METARS should now be provided with an image or images as standard. This is 2018

Last edited by sdielectrical; 17th Mar 2018 at 23:51. Reason: Spelling