PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network aircraft to be crewed by JQ pilots
Old 17th Mar 2018, 23:20
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
If you want to blame someone or something, look at capitalism and the share market. Business is now looking to be the new far left.
Interesting perspective that goes right to the heart of the Orwellian 1984 argument. Massive bonuses and huge pay structures are _suppsed_ to eliminate that psychology, but I see the point - it's encouraged it. The longevity of the Company (any Company - or nation) is put at risk with the 'What's in it for me' mentality.

This goes against the naritive (sic) of a plot by qantas to undercut pilot wages.
The problem is that this 'Management' group simply cannot be trusted to make sensible decisions - ie: those in the best long term interests of the Company. Ergo, they've made such monumentally idiotic decisions over now decades that anyone who trusts them to do something sensible is a fool. Or a short term QCCC injecting room mainliner.

It is highly probable that any decision that is made by 'Management' is driven by a simple desire to reduce not just terms and conditions but also the quality of the end product.

Even suggesting this isn't the case, the evidence over (again) now decades, suggests that as they have repeatedly driven down conditions of every group they can, outsourced and sacked employees wherever they can (to the extreme detriment of the Qantas product and brand); why WOULDN'T they want to continue? It's worked SO well for them in the past (NOT!) - and frankly, an entire company of cubicle dwellers have lost the skill to do anything else.

As far as visionary leadership goes, Qf management is as far from ept as I could possibly imagine.

To accurate not to include: