PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA election results
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2003, 13:04
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THE ALL NEW "AOIPA BOARD GAME"

Gaunty

Yesterday was a long day but at least the Tomahawk fired up late arvo after helping fix a few earth problems. My apology for the extra "R" - 'twas a slip and may well have been freudian as there are probably times we would love to kick each others "R"s.

Point of order. If it was/is not a vendetta re Andrew, when may we expect to see the retraction? Please apply some pressure to close off that unseemly situation - surely the other AOPA Board members have the voting power to restore order? Although, I guess they first have to know - and last advice I had was that what Andrew W sent to the AOPA office had not got to all Board members - any comment?

In the meantime, a little dark humour follows: -

The “conspiracy / search for the guilty” mindset postulates that any criticism of AOPA is destructive. This is patently incorrect. It denigrates, for example, the similar rights of the electorate to have their elected politicians carry out election promises.

So, I have thrown out the Monopoly board and designed a new game to prove this hypothesis. Welcome to the “AOPA board” game – a sort of cross between “Who wants to be In Charge Round Here” and “Terminator IV”. Our pieces consist of two key ones – “The Man Who Would Be King” and “The Wicked Queen”. We can only move forward when we get a “Fact” but are allowed “Hints”.

We open the game with a look at a posting by Kris Lovell about the wonders of today’s AOPA.

Ok – my move. I throw a “Hint” that this writing is most unlike Kris and has more the appearance of someone with a legal background.

Now, someone else's move. Using my “Hint” they pass the throw to Gaunty, looking for a “Fact”. You do this by asking a question: -
“Gary, did TMWWBK or TWQ apply pressure – jointly or severally - to have Kris post this message on PP”?

Then Gary’s move – he answers either Y or N. If he answers Y he probably scores ten out of ten for truth and zero out of ten for behaviour. If he answers N, he probably scores zero out of ten for both. Then, he passes the question to TWW for the next answer. Same scoring method.

No doubt we could always strengthen the game by asking Kris to adjudicate the answers – but we don’t need to, do we? We already suspect the truth of the matter. It wasn’t someone ANTI AOPA who kicked off the latest two rounds – it seems to be at least one if not more actual AOPA Board members. That puts a different slant on who is throwing the hand grenades, doesn’t it? Then we move off to round two – the attack on Andrew W, and away we go again.

So, these vendettas that do not exist nevertheless seem to have occurred at least twice. The game ends when we all realise that the Pp postings about AOPA are NOT a one-sided anti-AOPA campaign but a genuine attempt to have the AOPA Board pull in the wildcards and get on with the business of GA. Time the game went in to recess but that is not going to occur while BOTH sides want to keep playing!

Cheers
Brian H