PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The killer of general aviation in Australia – CASA dishonesty re ADS-B
Old 17th Mar 2018, 22:11
swells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cost of ADSB, coupled with PBN has lead me to spend a significant amount of funds on my fleet, which has led to no benefits.

Hobart being non-radar airspace, the tower controllers aren't even allowed to use it, and to keep the jets happy, we now have SID / STARS which have added significant track miles for GA aircraft wanting to what they could have simply done through a DME descent ... we are starting to enter the control zone from OCTA rather than remain in CTA because of the buggering around with the approaches.

There was a video out there of john mccormick saying essentially any airline which makes a profit, is at some level, deciding to cut back on safety (the video has been removed from the CASA website but a transcript is here Philosphical Ramblings Post AVSafety « srfc.org.au) ... my concern is that this midset still exists at the upper echelons, and rolling out Part 135 could make or break GA