PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 17th Mar 2018, 19:53
PaxBritannica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Ollie

Your point is fair: the point I was making is that the woman's actions are entirely consistent with her perception of the situation. She appears to have behaved perfectly rationally.

The New York Times reported:
She started working for Alaska Airlines in 2016. She said that after years in the military, she was accustomed to reporting problems only to her superiors. That, she said, might explain why she did not report what happened to the police when she returned to the Seattle area.

“I never thought to call the police,” she said. “I was more worried about my job than my own personal safety.”

But over time, she said, “I knew I failed myself.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/t...ilot-rape.html

The male pilot may be a) guilty as charged, b) guilty 'only' of a drunken extramarital shag, or c) entirely innocent. Whichever it is, I believe he has a valid case against Alaska Airlines for not investigating the situation properly and compiling evidence to exonerate him. (Hotel staff, notoriously ephemeral, would still have been around to question. Colleagues would have fresh memories.) They had over six months, after all - plenty of time. Suspicious minds might think they were leaving it as long as possible to let the trail go cold and the female pilot go off to another company. They should have strongly suggested that she report the rape to the police and secure all evidence.

The parties in question are shown here, not that it's relevant: Alaska Airlines pilot accused of rape grounded as shocking details emerge, outcry grows | Fox News. My immediate reaction, I confess, was to feel sceptical that she would 'come onto him pretty hard', although people's tastes are individual and skygods are of course irresistible.