PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 17th Mar 2018, 14:30
triploss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aterpster
That is true when there is no evidence of injury to the female. But, if there is evidence of battery and a rape kit, conviction is almost certain.

The airlines apparently should have a report-of-rape procedure in place to freeze the crew at the layover and get the police to the scene.

Contrary to some sexist statements, female airline pilots aren't going away. I have a close friend who was in training management at a major carrier. He said some of the best pilots are females. I trained two many years ago when I was a GA instructor. Both were well above average.

As far as having babies and all that, most segments of industry seem to deal with that just fine.
It's worth remembering: it generally takes two to make a baby.

Anyhow in the more progressive countries there's such a thing as paternity leave (in addition to maternity leave), so the baby will "steal" "your" employee regardless of them being female. (And plenty of employers add additional leave on top of the mandatory minimums.) I gather that isn't the case in the country where AS are located though.