PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 17th Mar 2018, 14:08
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atpcliff
In the US, less than 50% of women report their rapes/assaults. Some of the reasons they don't report can be read right here in this thread.

I urge everyone reading this to try and be more understanding of other humans. I am trying to be more understanding myself...
That is true when there is no evidence of injury to the female. But, if there is evidence of battery and a rape kit, conviction is almost certain.

The airlines apparently should have a report-of-rape procedure in place to freeze the crew at the layover and get the police to the scene.

Contrary to some sexist statements, female airline pilots aren't going away. I have a close friend who was in training management at a major carrier. He said some of the best pilots are females. I trained two many years ago when I was a GA instructor. Both were well above average.

As far as having babies and all that, most segments of industry seem to deal with that just fine.