PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet Ts&Cs
Thread: Cityjet Ts&Cs
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2018, 08:54
gubbi123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cityjet Ts&Cs:

When Cityjet bought Cimber 12 months ago, there were approximately 100 pilots employed at the CPH base. Now around 80, and most of the remaining are looking elsewhere. My guess is 60-65 this time next year. Part time is impossible due to lack of pilots, but that just increases the motivation to apply for Norwegian etc.

The worse conditions you offer your employees the more unstable a workforce you get and visa versa. People have a tendency to stay, when employed by a legacy company.

Cityjets strategy is unsustainable due to the fact, that they now have started recruiting low hours with no type rating, and train them with all the costs included. Yet they do nothing to retain the workforce they have.

Let me give you an example: When they employed pilots for the Arlanda base, they hired 20 (young) lowtimer pilots from Finland and gave them the rating, lots of lifus, and as soon as the pilots had passed 1000 hours on the CRJ, they applied for Finnair, and most of them got in. Bye bye Cityjet......

If you wanna join Cityjet, fine by me. I personally consider it like joining Ryanair, but without a usefull typerating, still Cityjet pay for it.