PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pasadena Police - two OH-58s make contact
Old 16th Mar 2018, 14:20
Nubian

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Nubian - You don't actually seem to have a point to make but at least get your facts right - the report says note that says OUTSIDE to OUTSIDE so your 2 ft clearance is utter tosh.

And what on earth does have to do with anything here????

I have stated over and over what I believe the root cause to be - how it is dealt with is up to the regulators.

You seem to need to find a reason for her mistake to explain why she made it - if it is because she was having personal problems, what exactly would you do about dealing with that.

Utter tosh, huh?! The 33 feet is the distance between ''box1'' and ''box2'' and the box which is just about the footprint of the landing gear of the helicopter. Now, you do the math with 2 helicopters with 35 feet MR diameter!! I don't know what you think is acceptable clearance, but that is too f..king close in my book, and should never been approved for use in the first place.

You don't need to try to question my numbers on this one, as I am sitting looking at the official wreckage dimension sheet from the base.

If you don't understand the information in the cutout which I provided, it is your loss, sorry!
I know it will be unbelievable for you, but you can find this yourself if you wish.

As for the last slice..... before all went south.

From the NTSB docket:

At the time, the pilot did not realize that the parked helicopter was not in the “box.” The pilot’s state of mind was that the other helicopter was in the box; pay attention to your box when you land and you will be fine.

As with TC, I'll leave you with your opinion now. I have used enough energy on this case.

Cheers,

R22butter,

Yeah, it's bound to happen! There is only a matter of time before the first fatality from a falling drone or out of control drone causing a fatal accident. There has been several incidents already.