PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pasadena Police - two OH-58s make contact
Old 16th Mar 2018, 06:36
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
I asked you a question which you haven't bothered about although I repeated it and gave another poster a chance to answer which failed as well.

If the base had been like it is now, do you think we would have this discussion?
just to keep you happy Nubian - my answer is yes, of course we could still have been having this discussion.

I think the points that I and others have made about it being the landing pilot's responsibility not to land on another aircraft - REGARDLESS of where that aircraft is parked - is paramount.

With the new HLS layout, it is less likely to happen again - that's why the NTSB recommended the changes but its also even less likely to happen again because it has happened once and plenty of lessons were learned from it.

If you want to hypothesise about whether the accident would have happened with a new layout then carry on because it is a pointless quest - it did happen with the layout that was there - the layout was a contributory factor and it has been changed but the landing pilot was soley to blame for where and how she landed her helicopter.

If you think I am going to say that the HLS marking was the prime cause of the accident then you will be waiting a long time.......

BTW - which pilots are happy with a 2 ft tip clearance?