PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Emer Elec short before v1
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2018, 03:03
Escape Path

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not once have I briefed/been briefed on this failure on a line flight. I agree stop/go decisions should be as easily made as possible; TBH we had this failure on the sim which is dark and the engine/ambient noises are a bit muffled so the startle factor by mere absence/diminishment of other clues was greater. I imagine taking off at night would create a greater startle factor than at daytime, but I'm not sure and I don't want to find out either. Losing all screens at once means something really wrong has happened and there's no time to diagnose what else is wrong. Given with little time to decide I'd make a case for a "positive indication the aircraft won't fly safely"; if before V1 you'll possibly go off the end but hopefully you'll be going slow enough... Making a go decision with limited time/information about such a critical and unusual scenario (i.e. You most certainly won't know exactly what's gone wrong) makes me cringe a little bit.

Plus I don't know what's the failure possibility (to deploy/ engage) of something that's virtually never used. I assume it's tested on some check in the life of the aircraft, but...