PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pasadena Police - two OH-58s make contact
Old 16th Mar 2018, 02:09
megan

Received 394 Likes on 209 Posts
I bet this base was originally intended for the use of 1 helicopter and dimensioned for that, then later on expanded to multiple helicopters without making the base appropriately bigger, only a set of new markings and maybe an SOP which is easy to not follow for various reasons. Now, if this is the case you have set a trap and it is only an unknown time to wait before the rest of the holes in the cheese line up and the ''dumb ass pilot'' conclude the story.
At one stage there was only one pad, positioned in the centre of square of tarmac adjacent to the fuelling point.

What most seem to be missing here is Mr. Reason and his Swiss cheese model. It's far from good enough to say the Lady is the one on whom all the blame falls, she was merely the one who pulled the trigger on a gun loaded by others. No one has an accident by choice, the pity is everyone is making assumptions as to why the accident occurred, as in lack of SA. If indeed it was lack of SA there can be explanations for that as well, divorce, death of child, duty hours etc. Nothing in the report gives a clear cut explanation, there are many other questions I would have wanted answered. We're all human - I think, and hope.