PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 15th Mar 2018, 23:25
FCeng84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by axefurabz
Why is this "front page" news?
This is front page news because we have here what appears to possibly be a case of a tainted drink being used to facilitate a rape by one airline pilot of another. The victim here chose at first to seek justice within the organization of the airline involved. Finding that result to be less than satisfactory she is now seeking justice in a public forum.

The fact that the victim has allowed her name to be made public is a testament to her strength and her conviction that unacceptable behavior needs like this needs to be identified as such and actions taken to make sure that it does not happen again. As the father of two young adult daughters I applaud this pilot speaking out and feel that the future for my girls will be brighter and safer for the courage and voice of the victim here.

This story is a reminder that any problems that arise as a result of diversity in our work environments are most often not the responsibility of the few who are bringing a new look to our work forces. Problems are most often the responsibility of those in the majority who are unable to treat all with the respect and dignity that they deserve. The message to all who would take advantage of others in unlawful or unethical ways must be that there are many eyes watching them and many willing to use their voices to call for truth and justice.

I limit most of my contributions to PP to the technical discussion threads where I feel that I am most qualified to contribute. The entry in this thread questioning why the focus on this topic has motivated me to contribute here.