PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dog dies in overhead locker on UA
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2018, 21:13
PaxBritannica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bront
If the pic of the dog carrier next to the pram a few pages back is the actual bag then how the hell was it meant to breath in the first place as I don't see any ventilation holes in it.

A woman with an infant and an 8 year old will come with a heap of hand luggage, nappies, toys etc. so maybe she had already filled the spaces under her and the child's seat and had tried to get away with the dog being in the aisle.

I feel sorry for both the family and the FA but I think the real blame lies with the fact that you can have an animal in the cabin in the first place. Imagine the drama at the escape slide with the pax lining up with dogs, cats, pigs and peacocks (WTF is with that anyway?). I would be pretty p1ssed if I died because of an animal slowing the process down.
A small amount of research shows that the soft pet carrier, airline approved is:

or

Clearly these carriers are ventilated.

The passenger would have had access to both her own seat space and her daughter's. If the spaces were filled with other baggage, it's obvious that the other stuff should have gone in the overhead locker, not the dog. I doubt very much that the dog was the passenger's first choice.