PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill Airport To Cut Light Aircraft Activity- Cuts ALL training
Old 15th Mar 2018, 19:07
chevvron

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by CloudHound
I think there's a slight bit of confusion concerning just which tenants have been given notice. It's the three flying training operators.

I'm not up to date with how many light a/c are still based at Biggin but from what I read none of those have been served notice.

So, whilst sad for those who will lose out, I don't see this as an attempt to remove all lighter GA residents.
They just don't want those nasty circuit bashing types getting in the way of their more lucrative bizjet clients.
Must do some research to see what wartime RLGs there were near Biggin; obviously none operated by Biggin as it wasn't an FTS.
Gravesend would be ideal as an RLG; bit further north maybe Hornchurch or even Fairlop, but these were all fighter stations too.
Biggin traffic sometimes operated over the Isle of Sheppey when I did Farnborough East; used to annoy Manston Radar (moaned at me about it once; screaming NW wind and their excuse was it got in the way of their IAPs on runway 11!) but there are a couple of strips there that might be suitable (Eastchurch and a.n. other)