PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pasadena Police - two OH-58s make contact
Old 15th Mar 2018, 17:58
Nubian

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Nubian - you do seem to have a problem.

I didn't suggest pulling her licence - I said it was an option for the regulator.

Yeah Crab, it's definitely me...

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Nubian yes, it is because they can do something to remove some of the layers of cheese, but other than taking away the licence of the pilot, they can't remove the root cause.
So how should I interpret your statement then?

I have not said that the pilot was blameless or that she did nothing wrong. I was highlighting the single cause that would prevent this from ever happening! If you read the whole report and look at the changes made, not only to the helipad layout, you might understand how this is measures that would prevent it from happening rather than what you suggest.

You can argue all you want that this would still very much be something that could happen, but then you can't have seen the way these, now 4 parking-pads+landingzone are spaced.(I am talking about THIS case, not in general) If now a pilot would fly into another one, that would be someone with either loss of aircraft control or someone that would do this deliberately. Then, you have a different root cause. Different story.

TC, you must know yourself good enough to know that your way of discussing is not really of diplomatic grade! Not that I need that (as I am not much diplomat either), just letting you know that if you come across arrogant and condescending, you'll be answered accordingly.

Btw, thanks for letting me learn a new term today. Never heard about Generation Snowflake.

My only point in all this and other cases is the why behind, not the key of what happened, which in this case is pretty obvious, so I can learn from other peoples f..kups before I do them myself, and I want to keep it that way!