PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill Airport To Cut Light Aircraft Activity- Cuts ALL training
Old 15th Mar 2018, 10:10
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 311 Likes on 173 Posts
I often cycle up a road across the valley from Biggin Hill - within the circuit - at around 5:30pm on nice evenings and usually stop for a breather at either end.

In that period of about half an hour I'll probably see two or three PA-28s or C152s, maybe an Agusta 109 doing the Battersea shuttle, if I'm lucky a Spitfire, and possibly one or two biz jets. Occasionally one of the light aircraft will do an orbit or two while something big and paraffin-fuelled slides down the ILS.

When I was kid and went up to the airfield spotting, circuit traffic was continuous on a nice day and any executive movements - and there were a few Lears, Citations and the like - slotted in without fuss.

I heard that some of these people were highly intelligent, high powered people (whatever that means) and yet they failed to do a little research to realise that the overpriced house they were thinking of purchasing was actually very close to an aerodrome which had been in nigh-on constant use since 1916... I feel as though these people have absolutely no right to complain about it.
Friend was recently two day's shy of signing the contract selling his house; his purchaser was forced to pull out because the purchaser of his flat had suddenly decided that Crystal Palace FC was too close...