PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dog dies in overhead locker on UA
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2018, 01:41
Zombywoof

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
The FA deserves no sympathy whatsoever.
Ok. Imagine you are the FA. The flight is underway. There is a dog in the aisle. You are responsible for keeping that aisle unobstructed. The people put the dog in the aisle because it was barking when under the seat. (I have some doubts about this story, but anyway...).

So if you make them put the dog back under the seat, which is your duty, the dog will bark and drive everyone nuts. What will you do? That dog has to be removed from the aisle. How will you solve this?

Obviously putting the dog in the overhead bin is unacceptable. You wouldn't do it, I wouldn't do it, and it's hard to believe anyone would do it.

If the flight is still on the ground prior to departure, it's a whole different ball of wax. Again, you are the FA. The dog is in the aisle, and it has to be removed. The people resist. Do you call security and have a mother with two kids removed? Do you try to come up with a way to allow them to stay?

No matter how you slice it, putting the dog in the bin is ridiculous. Nobody is arguing that point. I'm just saying, whether in the air or on the ground, the FA was in a sticky situation. Sometimes under pressure people make bad decisions.

There was another bad decision made here.... the decision of the owner to leave the dog in the bin. If it's me, I'm taking that dog out of there the minute the FA leaves, and if I get any more static about it I'm holding that dog tight and asking for the Capt.

This lady did nothing. Yet she wears a halo while the FA wears devil horns.