PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emery Riddle School opinions
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2018, 16:11
Flightguy02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again for your reply.

Embry Riddle is a place like another, I was thinking to it because a friend of mine who was a AV8 Harrier italian navy pilot (now he is in DHL) did train 2 years in USA with US Navy and Marines. He told me that many guys (not all ROTC) of his course were from Embry Riddle and the school has a great recognition in flight industry. He also made his first PPL when he was 16 years old there. But he is italian, so probably not so expert about american education. And since you told me that a lot of people run from Embry Riddle only after first semester I'm not so confident.

Another nice things of some aviation colleges in USA is that they are opened in summer too, so you can take the degree maybe in 3 years than 4.

I wouldn't go to North Dakota... maybe university is great but don't like location. Another school I found on Google that looked interesting was San Jose Sate University.

Is the price of Florida Tech approx. same of Embry Riddle?

I would like to have a also degree just in case something happens and cannot fly, like loosing medical certificate.... or who knows maybe in future after 30 years in an airline I could become tired and don't want to travel anymore...

What do you mean plenty ways to take a degree requested by US airlines? Online?

I think only in USA is requested a degree by airlines? Do in other part of the world they prefer pilot with degree?

Anyway about Dubai I was talking about this: https://www.emiratesflighttrainingacademy.com/en/

Found on Google, is from Emirates airline, but no idea how much it cost, no idea if after it you will be hired by them. I sent one email but no answer from them. On the website is written is open to international and not only to Dubai citizens. I think it has just opened.

Why you say that life of an Emirates pilot is bad? Too much workload or just because of the place?

You are really expert about flight schools, did you work with some of them?

Last edited by Flightguy02; 14th Mar 2018 at 16:31.