PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On acquiring an aircraft for my own PPL training and later use
Old 14th Mar 2018, 08:45
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to explicit things a little, I made small spreadsheet where the school FT is run from 0 to a few hundred hours. Unfortunately I cannot attach it because I'm still a new user.

In short, it shows that the flight time cost of a Warrior is A$ 202/h. That includes: 2000 hour engine overhaul (A$ 45k or A$ 22.5/h), 100 hourly (A$ 6k, or A$ 60/h) and 50 hourly (A$ 3k, or A$ 60/h) maintenances, and fuel at 30 L/h.
The fixed costs are: insurance at A$ 4,500 and airport parking at A$ 1,500.

It yields that the breakeven point would be around 500 hours of rental time, or roughly 10 hours per week, assuming two weeks off for maintenance.
Out of a solo rate of A$ 275, A$ 20 go back to the school for providing the opportunity. The remaining A$ 255 cover all costs, fixed and variable ones.
Own Ft is set at 100 and accounted for in the total costs.

With 10 hours of rental per week, going into this deal could potentially yield 100 hours of own flight time.

Any thoughts?