PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is happening with PPRuNe? Aviation stories missing
Old 14th Mar 2018, 06:05
Slippery_Pete

Received 374 Likes on 70 Posts
FAR CU - your paraphrasing was way off, perhaps keep practising.

Sure Pete, a few might switch off but I am betting quite a few switch on. Me for instance, I like Dick's aviation input.
Yes, I’m not so naive as to think I respond the same as every one else. It’s good if other professional aviators are motivated by Dick’s articles. It just does the complete opposite for me, and that position has been formed over a long time.

Politics and gutless politicians have rooted aviation, Dick is having a go. WTF are you doing besides airing personal opinion and being uninterested?
Agreed on the first part. He believes in something and is giving it a go. That’s why I respect him in the first place. His personal donations to National Parks Tasmania are jaw dropping.

Having said that, I am allowed to disagree with Dick. I agree with him on CASA red tape. I don’t agree with him on foreign owned airline training schools being a bad thing, in fact I vehemently disagree. It’s called having an opinion.

“WTF am I doing?” I have lots of interests and causes both inside and outside of Aviation. Your assumption that because I don’t like one person’s politics being pushed into PPrune means I’m doing nothing is one very long bow to draw.

Last edited by Slippery_Pete; 14th Mar 2018 at 06:24.