PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Flare - Losing my skills?
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2018, 01:19
ChipmunkDive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 Flare - Losing my skills?

Hello guys.

I’d like to share a problem I have recently started to have and would appreciate guidance and help from my fellow pilots. I’m new to the A320, just cleared initial route check 10 days ago.

During the entire u/s flight training, I would say almost all of my landings were perfect - positive, if not always smooth, but most importantly within the touchdown zone. I used to come confidently down to 30/40 feet, arrest the sinkrate, at 20, slight check and simultaneously thrust to idle - any further corrections were done seamlessly.

However, I recently have started to feel as if my feel of the aircraft and technique has gone haywire. It’s like I don’t know how much to check, and when to do so in a timely manner. Apparently this started when I slammed the aircraft onto the runway thrice in a row. That was a wake up call for me, and very depressing too.

I’m sorry to rant about my issues, but I would appreciate any help from the community as I am really depressed regarding this. How can I forget how to land?

Thanks.