PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Plane crash' at Nepal's Kathmandu airport
Old 12th Mar 2018, 17:30
Flocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tu.114
Depending on the exact status of the DH8 and the supplements the airline bought from Bombardier, the exact use of the system may vary.

a. Takeoff with bleeds OFF. In this case, bleeds are selected ON at 400ŽAAL and then the pressurisation is scheduled as normal.

b. Takeoff with bleeds ON. This requires buying a supplement but restricts the performance a bit. The relevant supplement is not compatible with the one allowing reduced takeoff power, so a takeoff with bleeds on will be "Normal Takeoff Power" (NTOP, equals to TOGA on other types) at all times. Performance calculations require assuming an increment of 12°C on the actual OAT in this case
Hi all.

- In my airline, we do reduce power take off with the bleed on, no problems for that.

- And we have the cabin press warning at 9800ft.

Personally I don't believe in any hypoxia from the crew, they did more than 1hr cruise at 24000Ft, if took off with switch in the dump position, problems would have come sooner ... And I read airport is 4400ft ? So no really high ...

They just got confused with what to do, rwy 02, rwy 20, maybe did a circle to land not briefed so bringing more confusion in the cockpit
For example, FO think they will land 02, but captain start to break for the circling because of habit, or tired, ... ATC confused, crew confused, lost of visual conditions ... We know what it can lead to ...

Sadely for all those lives lost ...