PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pasadena Police - two OH-58s make contact
Old 12th Mar 2018, 14:13
Reely340

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2016parks
Is one taught to land/park far enough away from other aircraft so that if both aircraft start their rotors, there will be no engagement?
Over here in EASA land you are, at least I was defnitely made aware of my(!) duty to consider my hazard-radius with repect to nearby "obstacles". Actual "Eangagement" isn't the issue, meaning, I must not park too close to some light aircraft as my downwash might dislodge it let alone turn it upside down. Down to the point that a doofus who parked his plank too close to me, effectively has me grounded, as firing of my ship in a "now you'll learn aber not parking near a helo" attitude will definitely case me being liable for takeoff down-wash to his plank, even if he parked it after I landed. My option is only to scare up the ignorant and make him move his plane, an maybe complaint about him at authorities in repeat instances.

Basically there is not one single valid excuse for crashing into a stationary object, being it a wrongly parked car, a parked helo with rotors turning and lights flashing or fuel shack. In my book the one operating the moving object pays in full, always.

But back OT, I think that type of accident can bite anyone, even very famous and skilled pilots occasionally **** up :