PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down in East River, NYC
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2018, 06:54
KiwiNedNZ

Received 229 Likes on 72 Posts
Lot of miss comms here on operater.

FlyNYON run specific photo flights with all pax in full crewman type harnesses. Usually run 5 to a flight, one in front left seat and two on each side. The harnesses are anchored to hard points on the floor, I think where seat belts normally attach but not 100% sure. FlyNYON have their own AS350B3s and they also use Libertys helicopters when needed - hence why you see the red Liberty B2 with NYON stickers on it.

They operate from the Kearny Heliport over in NJ and not from any of the NYC heliports. Its only 3 mins flying time from Kearny to the city. They operate differently from the other tour operators who I think are under Part 135 and NYON are under 91 - but again not 100%. NYON do detailed briefings for all passengers at their facility - have sat in on these before and they are very detailed. I have used their harnesses for air to air shoots I have done in NYC and also used my own harness in their machines.

In my opinion they run a solid operation - pax are well briefed and the NYON pilots I have flown with are very professional.