PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Master Aviation Management
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2018, 01:16
rbat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rez125
Hi guys,

wanting some feedback on the various courses offered by our Aus Uni's regarding the Aviation Management post-grad degrees.

I noticed a thread dedicated to this way back in 2011 so am looking for some updated info or people who have completed the degree and their thoughts.

So far I've narrowed it down to Swinburne, UNSW and RMIT but without having any insight into any of them it makes it difficult to know which one may suit me best. I do not have an Aviation background, I come from a Commerce/Consulting area but have wanted to work in the industry for a while now.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Realise it has been a while now since your post and you have probably started. Glad to see you have decided to study a masters and I am in a similar boat. I haven't done either but have friends that have studied at Swinburne and RMIT.
Swinburne is online only and is shorter at 1.5 years.
RMIT is 2 years and all in classes. Recordings of some of these can be listened to. A lot of these are run during the day so it's hard to do if you wanted to go part time while working full time.

As mentioned by others have a look at the range of subjects and costs to decide on what you need. Griffith, USQ and Newcastle also offer Aviarion Masters but are not as well regarded to my knowledge.

Good luck.