PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems at Shoreham EGKA?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2018, 18:25
chevvron

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by alex90
I have just done some research into what I was proposing to find out why it wouldn't be approved.

I have been pleasantly surprised that actually CAP1122 does not prohibit the creation of IAP to uncontrolled airfields, nor the creation of IAP to A/G or safetycom without ATS or instrument runways providing that this is not for public transport operations. It does say that applications would be considered on a case-by-case basis (which implies £££), and that it would need to go through several layers of bureaucracy before approval (even more £££). I assume that these two last points are why we don't presently have IAP to more GA airfields... But I am surprised to see that it wasn't forbidden. It look to be "exceptional" circumstances to get that approved though.

I would prefer however, knowing that I am the only one on the IAP until I am on the ground and off the runway, so perhaps a system would need to be setup there... I still think an area controller would be a good idea!

I am not sure if CAP1122 was superseded by an EASA one though... I always struggle to find what CAP was changed to for EASA... Is there a list somewhere?
One thing you have to do to get an iap approved is produce a 'Safety Case'. The CAA have a habit of rejecting these, but they won't tell you what's wrong with it, they simply say try again.