PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Survey - Are they waking up?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2018, 15:21
The Sleeping Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not posted on Pprune for about 6 years but an infrequent visitor these days.
Was asked recently to fill in a survey from BA following a return business class journey.
I'd paid for J class as these days I prefer to stretch and try to sleep (yeah) on long distance flights. I was travelling via HKG to LHR starting and finishing at POM, transferring HKG each way. (yeah I'm based in POM and I signed my contract, I needed a job, and it's my fault) HKG-LHR flight was fine, but service not what I come to expect from BA, business class seat/bed not as comfortable or as spacious as I would have liked. I was asked at the transfer desk in HKG if I'd like to upgrade to first for I think HKD 8,000. Took me 20 seconds to decide no. I'd already paid once for an upgrade. Return journey was worse from the start. At check in I was informed that I'd have to pass through immigration and customs in HKG, recover my bags and check in again for my flight to POM. Why I asked. We don't do transfers of baggage anymore. News to me! Fobbed off with an excuse that it was policy of the airline. You accepted my bags on the outward journey I told them. Nothing to do with us I was told. I was pretty peed off I can tell you. The flight not as good as inward, Staff quite abrupt. There was a time when you were called by your name on BA. HKG arrival on time but the added hassle of immigration, baggage, customs, finding my way through a strange (for me) airport. Finding the check in desk, and checking in again was extra stress I didn't want after a very long days journey to Heathrow in the first place.
OK when it came to the survey. I roasted BA. Basically told them what I have said here bit in more detail. Satisfaction rating 1 out of 10. Any reaction? You're correct. ZILCH. Told them I have options when I want to fly. BA has struck themselves off my list.
I'm planning another journey from POM to the UK in June/July. I'll never give beardy Branson any of my cash, so if I go HKG then I'll use Cathay. If I go SIN then Singapore Airlines will get my cash. Unfortunately the Japs don't fly from Narita to LHR so that rules out that route.
I hear so much bad about BA these days. It's sad as I have so many happy memories. BA are charging extras, Business class seat choices; pay for food and drink and pre-order on some routes; Squeezing the seats; refusing to transfer baggage. Not reacting to poor surveys from disgruntled PAX. Piss poor attitudes from a supplier lead to piss poor attitudes from those how pay for your piss poor service.