PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things are getting interesting at RYR for Cadets
Old 11th Mar 2018, 11:59
nightfright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke258

I am not defending RYR but all I am saying is that it is a commercial organisation there to make profits.

Correct that the TR may not cost them anything - they do not HAVE to offer you that rating for free. They are able to charge what they like and make you work for kebab or for free.. IF you accept those conditions ... then fine.

Having a RYR on your cv and those hours will mean more opportunities even in a downturn hence ...

There are lots of companies which offer you paid TR although only starting recently. And pay you from day 1 - there is a reason for these .....

Loganair, Flybe etc all pay the TR but when you compare the TR, benefits of type and hours, versus the basic salary as you are comparing - then you will find a plus point on RYR

FlyBe, Loganair, Eastern etc all pay a lower salary than FR. yes albeit a perm contract.... but photos, hours and the rest do not put food on the table....... if you are lucky to have the support then great - many don’t.

I totally believe any company should bear its recruitment, training costs on fully and take the risk as well because without that they don’t have a business.......... sadly this is a profession which doesn’t because people have always been ready to work for a peanut in exchange for crap conditions - unless you are extremely lucky or well connected. Thus is why they can charge that - even if unfair. But it all depends on how desperate you are........

I am certainly not out their to protect companies that extort, treat its people like crap - but you have to understand they are not forcing you to apply - don’t apply or accept their conditions if you don’t.

Hope that helps