PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On acquiring an aircraft for my own PPL training and later use
Old 11th Mar 2018, 10:24
roundsounds

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
I’d suggest you consider the following:
- your motivation for buying your own aircraft. If it’s to save money, you simply won’t.
- If it’s to gain as much experience on the aircraft before setting off on your own, that’s a good reason.
- I don’t agree with the whole go and break someone else’s machine story. The only rider I’d put on that being - if it’s brand new don’t do any training in it for the first 10-20 engine hours. Get the rings bedded in before you start using low power settings or else you’ll own an oil burner.
- if you think you’re going to make money leasing it to a Flying school, you’d want to be very careful. Aircraft get trashed, owners don’t get paid and these deals often finish badly.
- do you really want to fly just the one type for several years to come? Maybe get your licence, hire a few different types then decide.
- if you just want to own an aeroplane and can afford it, do it. Don’t try to justify it, just go and buy one.