PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On acquiring an aircraft for my own PPL training and later use
Old 11th Mar 2018, 07:44
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time for your replies.

@StickWithTheTruth: It was also my assumption that schools would be selling their old aircraft at residual value and renew their fleet if they could afford it. I had a look at the Pipistrel Alpha Electro which claims to run minimal maintenance costs and is still a good aircraft to learn on. I understand the workhorses argument and that's precisely where I see the opportunity. Also, would you happen to have any references or hard facts when you say that

they are plenty of people doing just [what I intend to do] ?
As I basically moved to Australia for a couple of years, I have only been made aware of the parallel RA-Aus track (vs. GA) pretty late in the game. Anyaway heading back to Europe eventually, a PPL will obviously be more transferable. It is my understanding that limitations to the RA-Aus certificate are, among others, weights of up to 600 kg which does include Foxbats, Bristell, Blackshape prime and others. But what's with the registration of those aircraft? Are RA-Aus planes also VH- or are they on a separate registration schema? Can you use those aircraft interchangeably, eg. can I use a Blackshape prime for GA or is it limited to RA-Aus?