PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Service Pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2018, 00:24
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
As others have said all manageged path is about is trying to tie in service exit dates with possible DEP slots, it’s not hand holding..

TBH the “now” in there has got me puzzled...hasn’t that pretty much always been the case? Certainly when I “transitioned” in the late 80s the likes of PPSC (remember them) was chocka with military non multi pilots doing all the theory stuff and then heading off to the schools to do their type rating/twin IR....

ME stream chaps with 1000+ command on a large multi crew type were entitled in accordance with CAA Lasors to be credited with an ATPL that could be maintained with the military Instrument rating. CAA regularly used to,come down and sit in the middle seat and observe an instrument rating for the credit. Only theory requirement back then was Air Law. This of course all went with the EASA regulatory changeover. some still did the full groundschool as many overseas operators in particular would not recognise the CAA accreditation of military multi experience. I to be honest am glad to have done the lot, with exception of MCC, as I feel it avoids any credibility issues.