PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Service Pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2018, 20:21
banterbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a current serving RAF FJ driver it is really disappointing to hear some of the comments on this thread.

I think this has been concluded nicely above; whatever spectrum of society you take a glance at, they will all have the oddities in there.

As someone who is looking keenly to join the airlines in the near future I certainly won't be approaching any recruitment or training course thinking that my FJ experience is going to mean much directly. However I am comfortable with the fact that I have been tested in some of the most difficult situations whilst flying, and bring that experience to the table for a civilian company. This is surely invaluable, and something that any potential future employer of mine gets for free.

It saddens me to think that if my background was to be brought up on a flight deck in the future, that there are clearly people out there that don't have the intelligence to appreciate that one, two, even ten bad eggs does not mean that the next one will only talk about everything military, or what happened in the Mess.

Leaving the service is a daunting prospect, the MP, I believe, whilst not perfect, clearly makes that process a little smoother - whilst still having to complete all the pre-requisites of any other DEP.

Please don't generalise too much; I am amongst a cadre of good guys and girls who are still flying operationally on a daily basis over some nasty areas, spending a lot of time away from home.