PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need some serious help!
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2018, 15:25
Flightcpt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hitansh
In India the minimum requirement to become a pilot is to be a Grade 12th Passout with Physics, Maths and English as your subjects.
So you cannot find any job in India as a fresher therefore it is better to pass out from high school first then do it from Australia and according to Indians, Australia is a good place to learn flying, many Indians go to Australia for CPL.
Canada isn't ideal due to its bad weather, flying months are less plus Aviation degrees aren't very progressive or helpful to make you a pilot, it is better do it from a flying academy or after having a good graduation degree which can get you into an alternate job as a security measure.
All the best.
To be honest I feel that India is not suitable for my training needs as the training academies I visited in India had not shown the level of professionalism I saw in Australia and I'm pretty sure Canada. Also seeing that India is the only country (when compared to Europe, USA, Australia and Canada) that requires grade 12th for even converting a foreign licence, I feel that is has stuck to its old roots of "schooling is everything". A statement I disagree and dislike and so I've decided to explore other countries and I'm happy with my decision and to be honest would never want to fly in India unless I have no other option. Oh and as rightly said by +TSRA, please do your research well and don't trust what other people say. I however appreciate you taking the time to give your point of view.