PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need some serious help!
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2018, 15:14
Flightcpt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by +TSRA
I usually get my morning rubbish from CBC, but this will do nicely; thank-you. A wonderfully, uninformed statement which immediately indicates a lack of research or knowledge by the poster to go with my morning coffee.

I feel like feeding a troll today.

There are many universities in Canada which provide training towards a pilot license in addition to providing world-class education towards an undergraduate science or management degree, both of which are transferable in the workforce. However, many overseas students look for "the quick fix" and stop their search at those schools that provide aviation diplomas at best or just the licenses at worst. While still valuable, these are not as transferable as a degree. With that said, many universities in Canada and the United States will transfer some or all of the license or diploma into credits towards a degree, leaving further education up to the student. Imagine that, taking on the responsibility for your growth and education instead of hoping it is handed to you on a silver platter with gold trim.

As far as progressive, one need only look at the popular websites (ScienceDaily, Phys.Org, etc.) to see how world-leading many Canadian institutions are, never mind those sites that sit behind the university firewalls. I'll grant you the flight departments of these universities are not challenging NASA for top research spot, but there is also nothing stopping a student from doing co-op research.

As far as weather goes, I guess you figure Canada ends east of Abbotsford. The breadth of Canada includes many locations that have very few poor weather days, and some places count lousy weather in hours over a year rather than days. It is one of the few countries where one can gain experience in almost all weather conditions our planet can throw at us. But yeah, I guess that's not helpful in learning how to be a pilot.

I'd keep going but frankly, this has gotten me through four cups of coffee and a muffin, and I have a honey-do list an arm long.

I hope the troll is well fed.
This post made my day. I completely agree with what you say +TSRA, cause I'm a guy who spent hours researching about the best country (based on my situation) and then school for continuing my flight training and concluded that Canada, is it.

Last edited by Flightcpt.; 10th Mar 2018 at 15:25.