PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo cadet pilot scheme
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2018, 09:38
hitansh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bored_Aviator
Not the poster, but no it is not worth it. You're paying twice as much to have a guarantee of a job. If you're not incompetent you'll get hired at the first airline you interview at no matter where u do your flying, the people who complain about being unemployed for a long time are those who don't have the study ethic to study for the exams and to learn new things.

Unless your parents can afford to pay that amount without a loan, taking a loan for the program is a horrible idea since the interest alone will equal a good chunk of your salary first couple years and even after that it'll take you twice as long to pay off the loan as someone who didn't go through the program.
I again beg to differ as many pilots get recruited through Contacts/Reservations therefore talented ones are shunted, happened with my friend in Air India where he performed very well but due to SC/ST quota couldn't make it.
Also one of my friend got recruited with an interview just as a formality because her father is a Captain in Go Air.
There are 3500-4000 pilots adding every year and vacancies are not more than 500 per year, out of which at least 50% get in through contacts and reservations, so that leaves around 250.
Indigo is about to stop hiring freshers for A320 and Jet has already stopped Fresher hiring for 737 due to Cadet Program, Vistara and Spice Jet will follow the same league.
So you cannot say that the ones not employed are not capable.
Stop being a pessimist.

Last edited by hitansh; 10th Mar 2018 at 05:42.