PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2018, 07:06
Global Aviator

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by EY_Airbus
I think your being to harsh, otherwise the same could be said everytime your FO has had to assist or suggest.....shall PIC time be deducted from you on those occasions?
Haha your probably right about some Captains.

My point is most airlines don’t have proper ICUS training paths and most standard line Captains don’t give a toss or treat a cadet PF sector as ICUS. To the contrary actually, yet they still sign the log book as it was ICUS. This is my point, so FO’s become Captains with no real command time. Yes the upgrade course sorts out a lot of issues.

The industry has changed due to demand. Correct me if I’m wrong but in the past when you got into QF if you didn’t have 500 multi command you had to go and get it! Not be given it.......

Am I to harsh? But then again we are flying highly automated sophisticated machines now, takes away a lot of the skill level. Oh hang on what if Sully hadn’t the past experience or Capt Gimli Glider... Oh SFO you ask, hangon it was severe CAVOK.

Back to the topic if you get the chance to get into the legacy you want get in NOW get that seniority number then play with LWOP, reduced rosters or whatever but you are just a nunber and the lower that number the better for you!