PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Superwoman two pilot flight to SFO.
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2018, 14:37
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nakbin, I'm a female and I think if the video reflects the truth and it were really a concerted effort to send an all-female crew, great. But we know that it was not actually an 'all female' crew. Although granted EK themselves never claimed it as such.

IWD actually began as part of the suffrage movement (hence the colors of white, purple and green) so it's a little bit ironic that airlines belonging to countries where the leadership is not by democratic vote and also may have questionable treatment of women of all kinds try to use IWD as a publicity cause... if they are so pro women it should be every day and to all sorts of women, not just the ones that make good video content (ie cleaners, maids, etc etc)

Personally I would have liked to see clips from said women on how they got inspired to get into (engineering/dispatching/flying/ground ops) and what obstacles they had to overcome to get there that perhaps might not be faced by the average male in the same role. But maybe that doesn't look as warm and fuzzy in a video?