PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA reveals 10 abreast 777
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2018, 13:55
birmingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordomac
Glad BA continues with it's determined quest to becoming just another LOCO. Glad because my limited staff travel facility with former employer has just expired and I have to go with the loco's like everyone else. Recent Paphos/Glasgow with Jet2 was pure delight & the cabin crew were prettier than BA. And that was only the stewards.
The press release tells us the new smaller seats are more comfortable - I hadn't realised that. Thought they would feel more cramped!

Seriously though; I've travelled many times on Emirates 10 abreast in the 777 and while obviously not as good as 9 abreast, they are at least bearable. A 3x4x3 777 will always be more comfortable than a 9 abreast Sardineliner which in my view set a new bar in discomfort. Indeed it holds the distinction of being the only type I'm aware of to have forced a redesign when BA pax finally hoofed it to the competition. Even then it was revamped 3x3x3 rather than revert to the original 2x4x2 design.

Comes down to an unremitting focus on shareholder value - which is what CEOs get paid on. So wherever possible the modern airline charges as much as they can get away with and provide as little as they can get away with... and while the pax keep on coming that is the way it will stay.

Last edited by birmingham; 8th Mar 2018 at 15:00.