PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Communication on 121.5
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2018, 07:07
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MusingMonk
I can see a lot of superiority complex in the above comments.So I am gonna expect next time any of you gentlemen from "first world countries" hear anyone abusing 121.5 they will promptly file an ASR or at least report the event to the ATC in contact.

I hope you must have been doing it so far as this annoys you so much and is very unprofessional.
Monk,

This is not an issue of superiority or racism, quit trying to put that spin on things...its getting old and tiresome.

Abuse of guard has nothing to do with an individual airline ASR system as there is really nothing they can do to correct the problem within their own ranks. It is an issue of immaturity, lack of professionalism and abuse of a very important frequency. Remember, all ATC, military, search and rescue, coast guard, some branches of law enforcement and most if not all airlines monitor this frequency, why would anyone in their right mind use it for any other purpose? There is nothing superior in maintaining a high level of radio discipline which is the point of this thread.

In addition, its not just the aeronautical emergency frequency that gets abused in the region. The Maritime CH 16 (also, a guard frequency) gets abused beyond belief with all manner of music, banter and the like.