PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA reveals 10 abreast 777
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2018, 02:19
TeachMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do so many on here think that price is the only driver for ticket choice! Many many people I know, and myself included make conscious choices of cost vs. other factors.

What I do not usually get is an ecconomical choice between packed economy and business. What I really want is the lowest price possible then add 20-30% to give me a much more comfortable flight. I will pay more for my base ticket price for things like a 9 across 777 or food in the ticket price. I will also pay for exit row / bulkhead for leg room and ability to get up often without bothering others.

BUT I will not pay a stupid amount to move to business class at four times or even premium economy where the cost is double. I want more room than economy but to so good as in business or often overpriced premium economy.

To me the bigger problem is that the cost of the flight does not seem to fit the cost to operate it. Why is Westjet or Air Canada YYC - YYZ without food (or United YYC - ORD next week) about the same price as KLM YYC - AMS? Same thing transpacific.

Overall for those who do only focus on price I suspect the reason is that to them price is NOT an indicator of quality. They do not know to check seat guru so take the cheapest as it is just as likely to be the most comfortable as any of the others.

TME