PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fancy rejoining....
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2018, 18:25
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
At present it is a year between IOT and EFT and worse case after that is about a year and half for those that go from EFT to ME training (which will change for the better by the end of the year). EFT to BFJT was down to about 9 months last time I looked. I say again, the maximum time for TyF pilots is about 5 years for zero to hero amongst the current cohort and expected to get better. For RW and ME pilots it should be about 4 years - again, current cohort. Unless NSCR buys more toys for MFTS and then we can see further training time reductions.

For the 2010 cohort it has been about 7 years, but go figure it was 2017 last year and they have been 7 years through a round of redundancies and lengthy holds. However, in 2018 the current cohort have no redundancy, wind back of the training system and a shrinking force requirement to worry about - SDSR was great in equipment terms but not so good at funding expansion of a training system to match that ambition.

We’ve had worse hold over times in the past and for once there is light at the end of the tunnel that aircrew numbers in training are about to start growing towards our gain to strength. The problem is not really the time to train them it is more the numbers that we need for the aircraft we are getting from SDSR15.