PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Communication on 121.5
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2018, 10:13
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harry the cod
The Outlaw

It wasn't an 'opinion', it was an action and the irony of MM's actions must be completely lost on you.

MM thought he'd be funny and tell us all what a dude he is by adding to the mayhem in his own childish way. It's already bad enough without jamming the frequency further, a frequency that he himself is so concerned in protecting for its 'real reason'. And if the names he used were indeed factual, which I doubt for one minute, I'd have thought an ASR would be more appropriate in letting the airlines and authorities deal with the muppets. Or do you too condone 'edgy' behaviour like that in the Dusty West? As for rose coloured morality, how about some basic professional standards and pride, regardless of which airline you work for!

Professional Pilot forum? It makes me wonder at times.

Harry
Harry,

I'll spell it out to be a little more clear, it seems you may have missed my point.

From my earlier post:

The discipline on "THE INTERNATIONAL EMERGENCY FREQUENCY" also known as "GUARD" has escaped common sense, airmanship and maturity in this region but also in Europe where its just about as bad. Why any (supposed) "professional" would think making cat noises, burps, farts, Big Button Box sound effects is somehow smart or cool begs belief.

Every pilot worthy of the title "professional"will monitor this frequency...please do us all a favour and show the world how smart you are by shutting up!

The basic "airmanship and pride" is what I believe this whole thread is about, wouldn't you agree or do you see it some other way?

PS: Use spaces when writing out code, IE: " _ . _ _ . _ _ _ _ . . ." Otherwise you make yourself look like a " ._ ._. ... ."