PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIPS / API CLAIM DENIED
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2018, 07:16
gardenshed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyvan,

The Law will take its course no doubt.

But do you really think that all the members know exactly what is going on behind the scenes after they have paid over their dues, I didn't thats for sure, I am far more informed now.

Some of the information that is up on this site is not on the API website but it is documented, some of it is, and all has been published.

When one has documented medical evidence from a World Leader in his field Consultant, who has no axe to grind either why, rejected by a nameless face in Harvey Watt without any right of appeal one has to ask questions, and this is a public forum.

LIPS was set up with the best of intentions, but has now become a business no more no less, like you I had a friend who claimed under the "Old Lips" and was covered until he sadly died. I also have a friend who has lost his medical and has been paid out by EK, who API have rejected his claim via Harvey Watt, using the old insurance chestnut of Preexisting,it's a shame he didn't loose his medical while engaging in an extreme sport, rather than down to a medical condition of which he has no control over, and can be proven medically, but now seems to fall under the new exclusions category that I've copied off the API website and posted.

If you look at the financials that are on the API Website again many questions as to why so much money is being spent on anything other than pilots, and again one has to wonder why certain questions remain unanaswered, for example the need for a Tax Haven in the BVI which is notorious for secrecy, when Guernsey is also a Tax Haven and seeing that Sovereign seem to be based there, wouldn't that of made more sense.

As I said PpruNe is a public forum and it is a free society, if you are tired of reading this stuff, the simple answer is don't, bury your head in the sand if you wish, makes zero difference to me, just be aware that it costs a huge amount of money to fight a High court case,how are the API intending to finance that, also if they loose where is that money coming from ? If I was a claimant I would be asking more questions as to how my future payments are still going to be made.