PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 6th Mar 2018, 13:40
Bugs to forty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotsman

Originally Posted by flyingscotsman2018
I've the OASC in April 2018 and I've done a bit of research, is there any up to date information on the RAF OASC?

The only thing I am concerned about is the individual planning exercise.

If you don't perform well in the individual planning exercise however you've performed very well in every thing else, do they make the pass or fail decision based on all tasks collectively? Or is it a fail automatically if you don't perform well in the individual planning exercise?
When you arrive at OASC you will be told not to worry if you think an exercise has gone badly; instead, you will be told to move on and get on with the next task. They tell you this because as long as you get through to the Interview your selection chances will usually be based on your overall performance (amongst other things).

MOTN

Originally Posted by muppetofthenorth
It's not the case that they want to know the plans of each exercise scenario, it's more that during the OASC interview you're expected to know the timetable of IOT, which exercise is coming up, and what that exercise tests.

Yes, they all test leadership, but you're expected to know the difference in scale and expectation between the ex at the end of term 1, at the beginning of term 2, end of term 2, and end of term 3, and how they all fit together.

They're not looking for the answers to the exercises, more the ethos behind them all.
Agreed. Comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus, throughout a training pipeline, is absolutely part of displaying enthusiasm towards a candidate's application for commission.