PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2018, 07:56
MainDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A-V-8
If my pass rate was that low I would be fired. It reflects poorly on the instruction. I have NEVER had a client fail on my current aeroplane.

It brings me to a few questions:
  • Why is the failure rate so high? Airmanship, Systems Knowledge, Blown approaches, Crashed etc.
  • Where is a good place for me to apply? I need to be an F. O. for a short time to get the ups and down back in my short-term memory but I have 7K TT and plenty of Jet PIC.
  • I am looking for F. O. time and a fast upgrade.
  • The reason for the low upgrade success rate is unfortunately subjective. Those who fail say that they were failed unfairly for small things. It's not lack of systems knowledge. My personal guess is lack of Situational Awareness, Communication Skills, Startle Factor, Problem Solving and Decision Making. Google the ICAO Doc 9995, and find the competencies in Appendix 1.
  • Good place for a quick upgrade is probably not HKA. Try Vietjet, Whizzair, Lion, Malindo, Cebu Pacific etc.
  • Aren't all F/O's? You need to be thinking of what you can offer the airline instead. You'll be duly rewarded if you bring the "right" attitude and be willing to work hard.