PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expired EASA ATPL Theory - Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2018, 13:20
phillaw15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expired EASA ATPL Theory - Career Advice

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to see if i can get some advice from the Business Jet community regarding how i should proceed with my licence.

I am a UK citizen and originally gained a JAR CPL MEIR with ATPL theory completed at Bristol GS. My first commercial job was some survey flying in the UK and Europe but this was mainly VFR and i only used IFR for transiting to destination points, i was then offered a job flying single and multi engine pistons in Australia only to return to the UK December last year.

On converting my licence back to a now UK EASA one i was told that as i hadn't renewed a IR in the last 7 years (this is correct as i had been flying VFR in Australia and forgot about the rule) i had two options, redo all 14 ATPL exams plus the complete EASA MEIR course or complete 5 ATPL IR exams plus the complete EAS MEIR course.

Can anyone offer advice on what i should do, all 14 exams VS 5 exams with restrictions on being unable to obtain a ATPL licence or command multicrew ops. I am 32 now and have no intention of flying for Airlines, my passion has always and will always be GA and business flying.

Would i be employable in a single pilot business jet or even multicrew business jet if working as an FO if i just renewed the IR theory which would leave me with a EASA CPL MEIR or would it be best to complete the whole ATPL course again?

Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Phil