PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geez Qantas that was quick!
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2018, 09:17
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
The (financial) health of the entire group entity is what REALLY matters.
Absolutely. Those 167,000kgs of gas PER HOUR any jet is in the air do add up though. JQ domestic (in fact IMHO ANY AU domestic entity, given the quasi monopoly position of JQ/Qf) is safe. No issues there. JQ int? Well, I would suggest that is up to the big man (tautology?) paying the bills.

The cost base is a furphy. If you think that is so important then you would agree selling tickets for 40++% more and packing them in is more important.

Just think about fuel price vs ticket price.

Not arguing with anyone personally, do not take it as such. I'm just not so sure that many at QanSoc can say the same....

Fuel cost vs ticket price...

Fuel cost vs ticket price...

Just give some thought again about that extra c170,000kgs per hour - it is quite a lot. That is the physical weight of around one hundred SUV's EXTRA being thrown into the atmosphere MORE than any of Qf's major competitors. Every. Single. Hour.

Lucky Qf has such a fantastic Carbon Offset programme - otherwise their bonuses might be completely screwed!!!!

Just did some research. Australia's most popular SUV mid size seems to be the Mazda CX-5. It's curb weight is 1455kgs. Again, putting it into perspective, QF International is throwing the equivalent weight of 114 MORE of those (no doubt luxurious beasties) into the atmosphere in fuel weight EVERY SINGLE HOUR MORE than anyone of its' serious competitors whenever it is in the air and operating. It's completely insane!

Maybe a better way of putting that is if someone buys a ticket on QF International, they are directly contributing to a management that espouses it's green credentials at every opportunity, yet is contributing to Global Warming at an Olympic level!

If you work for JQ and think I'm wrong - then what is the point of JC/NC and any other entity? This pursuit of minuscule savings when the gross waste is ignored is absolutely totally insane! AND - it's a safety related business.

Glad it's not mine!!

Last edited by V-Jet; 4th Mar 2018 at 09:48.