PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK ---> Chinese Airline
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2018, 06:40
InnocentBystander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
DO NOT start employment in China until you have all the necessary paperwork in place.
I’d go one step further and say do not resign until you have the go-ahead from your new employer. I’ve been contacted in the past by people from EK who had been serving their resignation, desperately trying to get the required final paperwork; only ending up being unemployed. One of whom ended up going to another non-Chinese airline for significantly less money. Not sure what happened to the others.

Also remember that the paperwork requirement might change during your application process. I was required to present a NAIL with a different wording three months after my initial paperwork was accepted by the CAAC. They had a change in management and they wouldn’t process further until I’ve send them the new letter. Luckily I was able to obtain another letter from a kind soul even though I had already left Dubai. That person has since left EK so I’m not sure who would be able to issue the letters now.

Please rest assured that EK management will do ANYTHING THEY CAN to prevent you from joining a Chinese airline. They know it would open the flood gates.