PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Fuel...
Thread: Jet Fuel...
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2003, 02:00
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Blue said it will ask that oil companies give priority to domestic airlines as a result of the school holidays and several sporting events.
In one statement they say that this will have no effect on their operations because they can easily tanker fuel into Sydney and in the next they are saying that domestic operations should get priority. What a load of BS. As far as I’m concerned we are all in this together and the pain should be shared evenly. Get in line DJ like everyone else and stop complaining.

On a different note. In a company memo on the 22nd September it was stated:
Aging fuel refineries serving Sydney and Melbourne have gone out of service, creating an immediate shortage in the supply of Jet-A. The current outlook is that the refinery problem may not be fixed, and may therefore cause difficulties, for some weeks to come.
If this is the case, I think someone’s head should role. This is the type of nonsense that I use to have to put up with in PNG. To have this type of thing happen in Sydney is totally unacceptable and maybe the airline industry should consider a class action for damages against these clowns.